Today, I spoke in church. I would like to share with you what I said. I hope you enjoy. The infomation I have was found from (http://www.three-peaks.net/example.htm) website.
Happy Birthday Dad!
1 Peter 2:21...
When I think of examples, the first thing that pops in my head is the best of all, Jesus Christ. No other person is as perfect as he. Christ set the perfect example for us to follow and in order to follow him, we must learn about him, the things he taught, the things he did, and the way he handled challenges during his Earthly life. These are some of the examples set for us:
1 Peter 2:21...
When I think of examples, the first thing that pops in my head is the best of all, Jesus Christ. No other person is as perfect as he. Christ set the perfect example for us to follow and in order to follow him, we must learn about him, the things he taught, the things he did, and the way he handled challenges during his Earthly life. These are some of the examples set for us:
Christ was obedient and valiant throughout his premortal life.He demonstrated great willpower and spiritual strength. He refused to worship Satan or submit to his temptations.
He spent his energies fortifying himself against temptation rather than battling with it to conquer it. Christ showed us that we should make decisions to do right before the temptation comes. He overcame the temptations of the world. Jesus lived a perfect life without sin.
He worthily held the priesthood and he performed ordinances and blessings. He accepted the repentant and readily forgave them. He never held a grudge. He had the courage to take a stand against what was wrong. Jesus was a listening leader. Jesus gave people truths and tasks that were matched to their capacity. He did not overwhelm them with more than they could manage, but gave them enough to challenge them.
Christ was the greatest teacher who ever taught. He made known the greatest truths ever learned. He revealed the meaning of life, the way to success, and the secret of happiness. And all that he taught was focused on eternal life.
The Savior never gave expecting to receive. He gave freely and lovingly, and his gifts were of indescribable value. He performed miracles. Yet he was never concerned about getting credit for the good he did. He taught us to use our talents and therefore he expects much of us. By his own example, he taught us that we must endure to the end.
He brought to pass the Atonement.At every opportunity we should ask ourselves, "What would Jesus do in this situation?" and then be more courageous to act upon the answer. We must follow Christ, in the best sense of the word. We must be about his work as he was about his Father's. We should try to be like him. Christ has set the standard for what we should be like and what we should do. This Jesus is our exemplar and has commanded us to follow in His steps.
Consider your heroes. Think of the individuals who impress you most for the way they live their lives.
When I thought about that, I immidiately thought about my family.
I am the youngest of five girls, three brother in laws, and my two outstanding parents. Everyday, I look up to them. I see their examples and I want to become more like them.
Jenna, is a great listener. Of course we have our fights, but I know I can go to her for anything. Ask her questions and if she doesn't know the answer, she will find it out. She is an example of Christ, for he is a great listener.
Kaitlin, is a forgiving person. For when someone upsets her, she forgives them quickly and never looks back on the issue. Christ never held grudges and neither does Kaitlin.
I know that I can look up to Ashley for the example of service. She is like Christ by how she does service and doesn't expect it back. I like doing service and wish that I can do more for the world and others than myself.
Amanda is probably the most obidient person I know. Someone asks for something and she is the first one up and ready to do whatever they asked. Christ was the perfect obidient person to ever live.
Dave has some brains! I know that when I have math, I can save it for when he comes over and he can help me. Heavenly Father told us to gain as much knowledge as we can. Dave is a good example of that! I look up to him and hope to be even smarter than he is one day.
Matt served a mission for the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Spain. He sharred the gosple for two years! Christ told of the gosple when ever he had the chance and that was Matts time. We don't have to be on a mission to be a missionary. I try to be a missionary also!
Christ showed that difficult situations do not relieve us of responsibility. Spencer worked in the cabinet business and he was one of the unfortunate ones to get let go. He held his head high and looked for many job opertunities, which led him to opening his own business. Christ always worked hard, Spencer does too.
God said he gave us talents and we must use them how Christ has used his. My Mom has many talents and uses them whenever she gets the chance. My mom is the perfect example of not being affraid to share what Heavenly Father gave her. I hope to be like her and give out my talents!
I can always find my Dad reading the scriptures. He is an amazing example to me! Christ learned of the true gospel and so has my dad. I know he has a strong testimony of it and I can ask him anything about the gosple and he will answer in a way I will understand.
There are so many more people who I can look up to, example my young women leaders, the friends I have, the pioneers, my ancestors, my extended family and so on. I hope to one day be the girl people look up to. I hope that they can look at me and say she is a brilliant example of Christ. I challenge you all to work towards an examplar in your life, whether it be a neighbor, friend, sister or brother and strive to be like Jesus Christ.
1 comment:
Such a great talk! love you!
lots. and lots.
Post a Comment